Sunday, June 26, 2005

Elephant at Iffco Chowk


Elephant at Iffco Chowk
Originally uploaded by waterlooHildreds.


I used to be terrified of this corner. They are building a flyover here, and for good reason. A major Indian highway between Delhi and Jaipur meets 3 other roads here. There is no signal. Usually a policeman that everyone ignores will be here. A few weeks ago, they moved the whole intersection down a bit. Now you merge twice and pull a u turn. It is indescribably safer.
The kids at the orphanage taught me a new word, "chipkali," because there was one (a house gecko) on the wall one of the times I was there. There was also a rubber one which provided endless entertainment for some at the expense of strong reactions from others. We had noticed them at our apartment, and found them less objectionable then all of the ants.
I went to church yesterday and played Be Thou My Vision on my guitar while one of the kids from FISSH played flute. We were in tune (thanks Carolyn) and I thought we sounded pretty good. I was extremely nervous as usual. I have 2 Sundays left now before home time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home