Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Russian born Canadian Miss Universe



I was in the Superintendent of Police office with Lokesh, getting leaving forms for Ben and Joel yesterday. There was a Hindi language newspaper and right on the front page was this picture of Miss Universe. She is huge news here. I went into the office, and the guys all told me that a Canadian had won too. It does make me kind of proud. I am proud that my country is made up of citizens born in many other countries. I am proud when people I know from other countries become Canadian citizens. I am proud that there are people from all over the world trying to, "raise awareness and money for HIV/AIDS research."

As I write this Joel and Ben are in the air on their way home. Dianne has been planning a welcome for them, involving lots of meat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home