Monday, April 11, 2005

Dianne's leaving soon




L4 Never Ever Give Up
Originally uploaded by waterlooHildreds.


Dianne and Rich

Habitat India

On The roof

River flats

Joel on Safari

Bengal tigers at the zoo

Me in the restaurant wearing my Punjab from Bengali

Lunch Bunch

India Gate

New Nose Ring

A month ago I bought a ticket for Dianne's trip home. That month has just flown past. Wednesday we say good-bye to Dianne for a little while. She is headed home, to be with Christine. Christine got a summer job at a fly in canoe camp north of Thunder Bay. She starts on May 26th, so was going to miss us during her time in southern Ontario after exams. Last I heard Christine has written 2 of them and has 3 left. She thinks she has done well. Christine and Dianne, are both making plans and super excited about being home together. On the other hand Dianne and the rest of us in India are feeling sad about the nearing end of our India experience. This past week we got together with colleagues, people from church and neighbors, kind of like at home. I guess we are at home here! I have driven all the way to Delhi twice now, once to church and once out for supper and to the India Gate. When we first arrived I used to close my eyes sometimes on the drive back from Delhi, because it was over stimulating. Dianne and I bemoaned the fact that Ben too is growing up when we dropped him at the airport to go visit friends in Pune. When we first arrived we were very nervous about Ben going to see friends at all, and we tried to go out only in pairs. Dianne went with Lokesh to get her nose pierced at the same place as Lokesh’s wife in Old Gurgaon. The streets were very narrow, but Dianne and I were thinking that it was an interesting place and that Ben and Joel would like it here instead of feeling uncomfortable from the crowds. I got some of these pictures from a party we went to without our camera back when it was still cold at night. Others are ones left over from Corbett. Some are courtesy of Joel at a restaurant that Dianne, he and I went to with the guys I share a table with at lunch and their families. Finally, Dianne and I took a couple. The blue shirt is a team building activity. I think the nose piercing is for Dianne to remember India by.

1 Comments:

Blogger Waterloo Hildreds said...

Hi:

These are a few photos all but the 3 of Dianne and I both in India garb, taken in the last month. The India gate one is by Leslie Loonie. The lights weren't turned on when we were there. As with all of the posts since Kerala you can click on a photo and it will take you to a larger version.

Love

Rich

April 13, 2005 at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home