Sunday, April 03, 2005

Hello from TBay


Iona Pick Up
Originally uploaded by waterlooHildreds.
Well, this is my second blog entry to this site, which is appropriate because the first entry I did was at the beginning of the year when this experience was new and fun. It still is fun but wearing at the same time. So the last time I wrote was in October and I had a boyfriend then. Not so much any more. I had made a lot of good friends in my house program and through the rugby team and I still have them. As well, I made a lot of random friends, which is great. I still have those friends but I've been super busy with school and just trying to organize my life for the summer and beyond that I've become bit of a hermit which is sad. So the first year is done and I'm not dropping out yet which is a good thing.
So what have I learned this year? Well, I've learned lots about myself for sure . I learned that I'll probably always be a fundamentally insecure person and how people think of me matters a lot and always will. I also learned that boys find me attractive which is a huge boost to my self-esteem. I also learned that boys are dumb and they cause huge drama wherever they go. This year, I realized how close I am to my family, and this closeness has manifested in a variety of ways. From lots of online chats to middle of the night emergency phone calls, my family has been my lifeline so far. A huge part of me staying in Thunderbay has been their love and support. Also, Laura is my girl, she has helped me out so much with her support. She's right, we are two hot university girls, and never forget it!
Some people can be mean and critical and disrespectful, I've learned and it's tough if you live with them because they're infecting you with their negativity daily. I think all you can do is ignore them and just go on with your life and try to be as pleasant as possible . People are messy and it's hard to figure out how to deal with them .

3 Comments:

Blogger Waterloo Hildreds said...

Hi Christine:

You write beautifully, and what you say is very sweet. We are very proud of you (and also glad you aren't "dropping out yet").

Love

Mom and Dad

April 3, 2005 at 5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christine!
You are a great girl.....just be yourself, you don't need anyone else's approval.
You are right...BOYS ARE DUMB....probably right up until their 25th birthday (at least).
You would have liked looking out your bedroom window into Jenn's window...she used those markers for glass...she wrote: BOYS ARE DUMB, THROW ROCKS AT THEM !!!
Take care Christine, and hope to see you soon. Love Cathy

April 4, 2005 at 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christine!
You are a great girl.....just be yourself, you don't need anyone else's approval.
You are right...BOYS ARE DUMB....probably right up until their 25th birthday (at least).
You would have liked looking out your bedroom window into Jenn's window...she used those markers for glass...she wrote: BOYS ARE DUMB, THROW ROCKS AT THEM !!!
Take care Christine, and hope to see you soon. Love Cathy

April 4, 2005 at 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home