Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Leisure Valley Flower Show


Giant Dhalias
Originally uploaded by waterlooHildreds.

unnatural blue
Roses looking Back Towards our apt
More Roses
Cactus
flora or fauna?
It's been too long since our last post! We have been having quiet sort of adventures, but I haven't been bringing the camera enough places. Friday night Dianne, Joel and I had awesome biryani and kebabs at Vinay's house. Saturday Ben, Joel and Lokesh went to Palika Bazar, which is at Connaught place in Delhi. They picked me up from work on the way home. Saturday night I drove out in the car to pick up Ben and his friend after a movie (Constantine I think). Sunday we had lunch at the City Club with Barry and Anne Mackey, who I have mentioned before. They graciously followed us all of the way from Delhi out to Gurgaon ~20k through heavy traffic. They had lots of stories from the time that they spent here with their family until their children were university age. We are hoping to go on "safari" at Corbett Park on March 20th, and they had been there a number of times, and were telling us how much we would enjoy it. Sunday afternoon, I drove again to the flower show at Leisure valley, a quite nearby park. It was lovely and also lovely to feel independent out on our own. Leaving the park was a bit like leaving a Rush concert at Maple Leaf Gardens, with a car full of teenagers though. Come to think of it, driving anywhere here is a bit like that! Tuesday night Dianne went to a ladies social event, and had some lasagna. Wednesday night was very neat. Lokesh showed us how to get to this orphanage, run by people from our church about 4k from home. After he dropped us at home, Dianne and I drove there. We hung out with Sharji and Claudia that run the place and a few of the youngest kids first. Sharji and Claudia reminded me so much of the people that we worked with in the Browndale group home where Dianne and I met. They were very good with the kids, in a competent sort of way that I am having trouble describing. After the kids all introduced themselves to us, in English. They were quite interested in my 28" canoe guitar. It has been a real icebreaker. One of the kids brought in his axe(guitar), and I played Kum Ba Ya on it and the kids sang. I hope to head back there tonight and "fix" their computer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Waterloo Hildreds said...

Hi:

This as another shameless pitch for comments. I will try to be quicker this next time, with a blog entry. There are a lot of donkeys and other animals around HCL. I would like to take some pictures of them, as they seem real pastoral to me. I would really like to take a picture of one with a person. The safari should be a huge photo-op so hopefully we will have more nice pictures after that.

Love

Rich

March 2, 2005 at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home