Friday, February 11, 2005

Indian Wedding

Indian Wedding

Hi everyone;
I usually do not send out group e-mails unless they are forwards that are funny , helpful or encouraging but since you are going to get the same info ,group letter is what you are going to get.Our driver(wonderful man ,who gets us where we need to be safely)`s cousin is getting married this Sunday,I think it is an arranged marriage but the bride and groom seemed very happy, so our driver was having a party for them on Wed evening,which I gather is part of almost a week long celebration of this marriage, Rich,Ben ,Joel and I were inivited to this dinner at Lokesh`s house,where we met everyone under the sun,friends relatives and people who were walking down the street.Our picture was taken countless times and there was a constant worry that we were not eating enough,we ate well.We were the only white family there and as usual was a growing experience for us,I learned not to wear heels with an Indian suit,heels look great but the steps are uneven and I wiped out gracefully but caused some concern with Lokesh`s family. The ladies sarees were beautiful and the earings, bangles,necklaces ,all gold are out of this world..I danced, ate meet a cast of thousands who are lovely people and so honoured to have us come to the event,it made me think about how we could be more genorus,and more open to others. This morning Lokesh came to get Rich for work,with his scooter laden with fruit and other sweets. Have a great day.
Love and Hugs Dianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home