Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year


BenGuitar
Originally uploaded by waterlooHildreds.
We came home for Christmas! On the 17th we left, but our plane was late getting in to New York. Thanks to Air India, we stayed at a hotel by the airport and took the subway in to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan Saturday morning. We visited the Medieval section and the washroom in the Egyptian section as we didn't have a lot of time. Grandma met us at the Toronto airport on the 18th. There was no snow in Mississauga but in Waterloo I got the van stuck in the driveway because it didn't look as deep as it was.
Dianne and I went to Knox on Sunday wearing our Indian clothes, I had the Bengal shirt Pradip gave me, and Dianne wore a peach colored suit. Sunday night we went to the Culps, and Mark graciously barbecued steaks in the -22 Celsius cold.
Monday I picked up Christine at the airport and Grandpa and I drove her up to Iona for a reunion. I don't remember Tuesday.
Wednesday Dianne and I picked up Christine in Toronto, driving back 3 hours in the snow. We put up the tree after.
As Dianne and I picked up Christine in the bad weather, I didn't think it was fair for Dianne to not see her Beamsville friends Thursday. She and I drove down together. I had planned to read quietly in the library, but both Grimsby an Beamsville libraries were closed due to the weather. Thursday night, I went out with Pradip to say goodbye, until I see him again in India when we get back.
Christmas eve Christine went to the 7:00 service to see Laura sing. We all went to the 9:00 pm service. We also went to a Christmas morning service at Church in the Woods, where we saw some of the people that I met playing 3 pitch when I first started at NCR.
Sunday night and Monday morning Dianne and I had a system going for inviting people to a party at our house on Tuesday night. The party was very good with 20 people attending and ending at 1:30 am. Thanks!
Wednesday we went for a Tim Hortons skate and supper at the Birks. Mike came home with us, and I ran into Andrew Blaikie, dropping Ben and he at the local natural rink. We had a good visit until it was time to pick them up again.

BenGuitar
Originally uploaded by waterlooHildreds.
Thursday we went and saw Great-Grandma at People Care in Tavistock. She has recovered really well from her broken hip last fall. This is where I took the above picture. There were more, but unfortunately my camera is putting interference on un-zoomed pictures. I didn't notice till I tried to upload them for the blog. We had a little carol sing with the song sheets that I made up for Camp Hiedelberg last year.
New Year's eve we watched the Festival Train. I loved it. I was too young to really be aware of it in 1970 when the event happened, but the movie gave me a goofy grin.
Today I worked out a Mississippi John Hurt song on the guitar, tried to learn a fingerstyle arrangement of "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and wrote this blog entry.
So far this is one of my 3 favorite vacations. Calgary in 1996 to visit Dianne's Mom and brother, Virginia Beach when Tim was in grade 13 and this. It was wonderful to be in our house, fantastic to spend our time with so many friends and family. Canada is the most blessed country in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home