Sunday, December 16, 2007

Still Life


Still Life
Originally uploaded by waterlooHildreds
Our life has been far from still since my last post.

Grandma Piggott passed away on November 21st 2007. She was 101, born in September 1906. I played "He Leadeth Me" on pictured guitar at her funeral. I chose the song, because, since Grandma started living at People Care in Tavistock, I bring my guitar and play for her when I visit. You can see a posting from August 2005 to see what I mean. The last time I went and played for her in October she was helping me with one of the verses for this song. Kathryn played this song at Chris's wedding and Aunt Annie used to play it for Grandma Pearson, long before I came along. Cousin Philip and cousin Chris also spoke about many of the great memories that we all shared as her grandchildren and even as her great grandchildren. Memories of the wonderful yeast rolls that she served hot with dinners at her place, her driving tuition when she would let each new driver in the family drive her in her car, and of playing hide and seek and raking leaves in her large backyard. Chris also read a letter in rhyme that she had written Joan to remind us that as well as common memories she fostered a special relationship with each of her family members.

The following Saturday we had a Bovas first canoe trip reunion at Saravana Bhavan in Mississauga. We drove down in our van, which I vacuumed and got the snow tires on just for the occasion. Good thing about the snow tires too, because for the next 2 weeks, we had a customer here from Nigeria, and I used it to entertain the customer quite a bit. It was quite a challenge to get a demonstrable system for the customer, so I ended up working pretty much day and night for the last 2 weeks.

Wednesday in the night, while I was at work, Ben came on MSN and mentioned that his appendix was bothering him again. He walked over to emergency and spent Thursday in the hospital. Dianne went up and saw him. They let him go Friday morning, and Ben spent the weekend working and with friends. He has an appointment with the doctor tomorrow on Monday.

The table decoration was made for us by a friend from Church Linda Hedquist. We very much appreciate the love and prayers of family and friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home