Sunday, August 12, 2007

Park Hotel


Park Hotel
Originally uploaded by waterlooHildreds
Shaji was telling me about a woman who is 8 months pregnant that he is helping. The woman lives in a room half the size of my hotel room with a communal toilet shared among many. She lives with her husband and 1 other man who is staying there. The rent for the 3 of them is 2000 rupees. They may each make only about 3000 /month.

I stayed at Shaji and Claudia's orphanage last night. The kids there are bright eyed, and full of energy. They have a couple of Mexican volunteers who have been taking them for football. The one guy can really play the guitar. He tried out my travel guitar and he was playing some Bossa Nova on it that was just amazing. It was so good I had to pinch myself to make sure that I was in India listening to a Mexican play my travel guitar that I bought in Canada.

Shaji and Claudia took me to the DICF this morning. It was really good. The sermon was on love again. Karl made some of the same points as Brook, particularly about truth being part of love. Saw Barry and Anne, the Canadians that took us under their wing when we came in 2004. Their retirement didn't quite take yet, and he is in Nepal, only here passing through. It was quite warm at church, especially after talking. Today is a bit cooler than yesterday too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home