Thursday, September 30, 2004

We have Dianne's Course

As many of you know Dianne has completed a certificate in horticulture by correspondence over the last few years. Dianne is feeling a calling to combine this learning with her interest in people. In the summer we found the American Horticultural Therapy Association. Kansas State University has an accredited program and offers some initial courses by distance education. The department head and I exchanged some emails and we signed up for HORT256.

In the scramble to leave, we arrived in India without Dianne's course. The university offered to send us another one and asked for a fedex number. In Canada I got a fedex number instantly by applying at the fedex web site. In India the process is a bit more involved, and seems to involve an officer of the company signing a contract. Thankfully Audra at the University took the initiative to send the course by regular mail. After 2 weeks of trying to get a fedex number, and just as complete despair was setting in they came up to me as I was leaving and handed me an envelope.

Dianne and I were yelling and jumping up and down and hugging when I got home all at the same time. The boys thought we had lost our minds. She sparked up the laptop that we bought specifically for the purpose of the course and was doing the course right then. But that's not all. Our driver Lokesh let me park the car. Vince phoned me up to say he reproduced a problem that a customer was having and had a fix. I got an email saying to look for our per diem in our new Indian bank account tommorow, and I got another email saying that our relocation allowance was in the bank back in Canada. I am on call this week with Jamie. The infrastructure that we set up is working flawlessly. Bhakta offered to bring us some things when he returns to India. Jamie has graciously picked them up. Dianne and I walked to the butcher shop and bought lots of meat. It was a beautiful day! We all feel richly blessed by so many people following through to help things work out. You guys are great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home